The myPalmerston buy local incentive scheme (the "Scheme") is a web application for the City of Palmerston ("we", "us" or the "Council") to encourage economic stimulus that supports both community and its local businesses directly. It is a free service for customers and businesses to participate.
How Does the Scheme Work?
- City of Palmerston and the Northern Territory Government will provide funds to the value of $220,000 to the community in the form of subsidised digital vouchers. Every registered customer will initially receive the value of $40.00 in voucher discounts to spend at participating businesses within the Palmerston municipality.
- A registered user ("you" or the "Customer") will receive 2 x $2.50, 1 x $5.00, 1 x $10.00 and 1 x $20.00 point of sale voucher (the voucher) amounts and these will be valid up until the Scheme’s pool of funds are redeemed and the stimulus scheme will cease.
- There is a minimum spend required to use the discount vouchers. Refer to General 5 for more details.
- Every Customer who utilises myPalmerston vouchers will be replenished with the equal value of the subsidised discount the following day until the pool of funds are redeemed.
- E.g: Customer A uses a myPalmerston voucher of $20 at a merchant on the 18th of October 2020, it will be replenished with an equal myPalmerston discount value of $20 on the 19th of October 2020. This will continue until the Scheme funds have been utilised.
Definition of Terms
- Customer - Any person who has registered and been approved to use the myPalmerston discount voucher.
- Merchant - Business based in the City of Palmerston municipality area that has an approved registration for the Scheme.
- myPalmerston voucher - A subsidised digital discount issued by the City of Palmerston for the myPalmerston stimulus Scheme.
- OTP-SMS - A one-time passcode generated by short messaging service for Customers to receive on their mobile phones.
- Terms and Conditions - The terms and conditions contained in this document including any schedules and any variations made from time to time.
- Transaction - Goods or services paid in conjunction with a myPalmerston voucher.
- The myPalmerston voucher values are in Australian dollars and does not include Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- The myPalmerston voucher is only valid up until the Scheme pool of funds are redeemed. When the scheme budget ceases, any unused myPalmerston vouchers will be void.
- The Scheme pool of fund availability will be displayed on the Customer’s dashboard page. The Customer can check the dashboard if Scheme funds are available prior to making any purchase.
- The myPalmerston voucher can be used to part-pay for goods or services.
- The following minimum amount per Transaction applies to the Scheme.
- Use of $2.50 myPalmerston voucher – a minimum spend of $10 (inclusive of myPalmerston voucher value).
- Use of $5 myPalmerston voucher – a minimum spend of $20 (inclusive of myPalmerston voucher value
- Use of $10 myPalmerston voucher – a minimum spend of $40 (inclusive of myPalmerston voucher value).
- Use of $20 myPalmerston voucher – a minimum spend of $80 (inclusive of myPalmerston voucher value).
- The myPalmerston voucher must be presented by the Customer and redeemed by the Merchant at the time of Transaction.
- The myPalmerston voucher can only be redeemed at approved and listed participating businesses located within City of Palmerston municipality.
- The myPalmerston voucher cannot be used for any Transaction that includes alcohol, tobacco or gambling.
- The myPalmerston voucher cannot be used for a Transaction that includes payment for a gift or pre-payment card.
- The myPalmerston voucher cannot be used to pay for any illegal products or services.
- The myPalmerston voucher is considered redeemed when status of the voucher code shows redeemed in the Customers, Merchant’s and City of Palmerston’s myPalmerston dashboard.
- A myPalmerston voucher has one-time use only. Full value of myPalmerston voucher must be applied to the Transaction at time of redemption.
- If any error occurs or redemption attempt fails it needs to be reported immediately with supporting evidence (e.g. screenshots) to the myPalmerston support team via email to email@example.com.
- Only one myPalmerston voucher may be used per Transaction.
- Use of myPalmerston voucher is limited to one Transaction per Merchant per day to support the stimulus objective of the myPalmerston scheme.
- All available myPalmerston vouchers received by a Customer can be used daily if used at different Merchants.
- Example 1: On Monday, use a $5 voucher at Merchant A, then use another voucher at Merchant B.
- Example 2: On Monday, use a $5 voucher at Merchant A. No other voucher can be used at Merchant A on this day.
- Example 3: On Monday, use a $5 voucher at Merchant A. On Tuesday, use another voucher (of any value) at Merchant A.
- At the point of sale, the Customer must pay the difference between the total goods and services purchased plus the appropriate GST less the value of the voucher.
- Example: The total sale is $22 (Inclusive of $2 GST) – This will include the $5 myPalmerston voucher and the $17 balance payment from the Customer.
- The myPalmerston vouchers are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- The City of Palmerston reserves the right to change myPalmerston voucher status to void when budget Scheme is reached; where there is suspected abuse of the Scheme by a Customer or Merchant; when an error occurs; or for any unforeseen circumstance.
- The myPalmerston voucher may only be used in a participating business that:
- Has a physical shop or store that is located within City of Palmerston local government area.
- The Council at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify, change or withdraw all or any of the Terms and Conditions, herein contained, applicable to the myPalmerston Scheme at any time without notice to the Merchant or Customer.
- If any dispute arises regarding any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein, the decision of City of Palmerston shall be final and conclusive.
Customer Terms and Conditions
- By applying for registration you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- You must live, work, or visit Palmerston to use this Scheme.
- This Scheme cannot be combined with other promotional campaigns.
- You may only register once. Multiple registrations using different email addresses or mobile numbers by the same person are not permitted.
- You must agree to receive an OTP SMS on your mobile for password validation.
- Without limiting any other remedies available to the City of Palmerston at law or in equity, the City of Palmerston reserves the right to, without notice, temporarily or indefinitely suspend, or terminate, your registration if:
- you breach any provision of the Terms and Conditions;
- the City of Palmerston is unable to verify or authenticate any information that you provide to us; or
- the Council believes that your actions may cause damage and/or legal liability to the City of Palmerston or any other person.
- You indemnify and hold harmless the City of Palmerston and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from and against any losses, liabilities, costs, expenses or damages (including actual, special, indirect and consequential losses or damages of every kind and nature, including all legal fees on a solicitor-client basis) suffered or incurred by any of them due to, arising out of, or in any way related to (directly or indirectly):
- your use of, or connection to, this site; or
- your negligence or misconduct, breach of the Terms and Conditions or violation of any law or the rights of any person.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with the Merchant and the City of Palmerston is not a party to any Transactions between you and any Merchant. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor and take action regarding any disputes between you and the Merchant.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the City of Palmerston and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates expressly disclaim all conditions, representations and warranties (whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise) in relation to the Scheme, including any implied warranty/guarantee of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- This Scheme is provided strictly on an "as is" basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the City of Palmerston and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, truth, availability, accuracy or completeness of this Scheme or any of its content, and in particular do not represent, warrant or guarantee that:
- the use of this Scheme will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error- free or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data;
- this Scheme will meet your requirements or expectations;
- anything on this Scheme, or on any third-party website referred or linked to in this Scheme, is reliable, accurate, complete or up-to-date;
- the quality of any information or other material purchased or obtained through this Scheme will meet any particular requirements or expectations;
- errors or defects will be corrected; or
- this Scheme or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the City of Palmerston and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates exclude all liability to you or any other person for any loss, cost, expense, claim or damage (whether arising in contract, negligence, tort, equity, statute or otherwise, and for any loss, whether it be consequential, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or otherwise, including any loss of profits, loss or corruption of data or loss of goodwill) arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection with, the Terms and Conditions or the use of this Scheme by you or any other person.
- You agree that your use of this Scheme is at your own discretion and risk. You agree to release the City of Palmerston and its employees, agents, consultants, licensors, partners and affiliates from any claim, demand or cause of action that you may have against any of them arising from the Terms and Conditions or the use of this Scheme by you or any other person. The City of Palmerston may plead this release as a bar and complete defence to any claims or proceedings.
To be an eligible Customer, you:
- Must have an email address and mobile number that has not been used previously to register.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of registration.
- Must have a smart device (mobile phone or tablet) that can access the myPalmerston dashboard via a web browser to present myPalmerston voucher to a Merchant at time of Transaction.
Redemption of myPalmerston voucher
- To redeem, the Customer must present to the Merchant the myPalmerston voucher code from the myPalmerston Customer dashboard. Printed or digital copies (e.g. screenshot) or verbal declaration (e.g. over the phone) of myPalmerston voucher details should not be accepted unless necessary.
- The myPalmerston voucher is considered redeemed when recorded in the Customer, Merchant and Council's myPalmerston interface.
- The City of Palmerston will only collect and use information that is necessary to offer and improve this Scheme.
- It is the responsibly of the Customer to ensure all information provided is accurate.
- All personal data is stored within Australian borders and will not be shared with third parties except for the use of this Scheme.
- The City of Palmerston reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions and any other policy in relation to this Scheme at any time in its sole discretion and any such changes will, unless otherwise noted, be effective immediately. Your continued usage of this Scheme will mean you accept those amendments. We reserve the right, without notice and at our sole discretion, to change, suspend, discontinue or impose limits on any aspect or content of this Scheme.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed in all respects by the laws of the Northern Territory. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Northern Territory and the courts of appeal from them.